Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Late & 20 Bucks Short

I originally intended to post this Sunday, being that it was the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Coming from a family that has VERY strong military backgrounds, I wish I could say I had a stronger reaction to the tragedy at the World Trade Center. The truth of it is, I was a college kid that slept late that morning, only to catch the news right as the towers started to crumble. I was most definitely shocked by the unfolding events. Like many Americans, I had no idea what to make of things. Sometimes I still don't. The only thing I know for sure is that we live in a country full of heroes. No matter what happens, there will always be someone who is willing to step up to fight for what is right. That is what made -- what makes -- America great. None of us know what the future will bring, but if we can learn to work together, we will be able to handle anything. I want to extend a thank you to ALL of our heroes -- at home and abroad. Thank you for what you choose to do every day.

On a completely different note, this Friday marks another momentous occasion, albeit one decidedly less earth-shattering than 9/11... well, depending on how you feel about it. Because George Lucas NEEDS more money, Star Wars is releasing on Blu-ray in both individual trilogy sets and an entire saga collection. I think it is safe to say that the SW community is split on the, ahem, enhancements this time around.... I, for one, am dismayed.... Okay, that is not the right choice.... I seriously considered ALMOST not buying this new set because of some "script enhancements." Particularly, Vader's almost next to last line of dialogue.... Really? I mean, seriously?

My darling Better-Half would much prefer that I do skip out on this one... considering I have about three different sets.... Including the UNENHANCED Original Trilogy set. And, yes, I will be inundating my impressionable young Geekawans with that version so they can hopefully find the original magic that first captured me. Although, they are quite the fans in their own rights....

As far as the Blu-ray release, stay tuned for my review.... May the Force be with this version....

No comments:

Post a Comment