Thursday, September 5, 2013

To Boldly Go Where I Hope to Never Go Again...

Well, dear readers... today was not my best day.

I could gripe and moan all I want. It won't change the events of today.

Let me start off by saying, I LOVE acting! It is such a creative outlet that allows for one to vent all manner of frustrations and stress! There is something to doing what you love, and loving what you do. Wise words once offered to a friend at a parting of ways.

To the meat of the matter: today...




I joined the ranks of the unemployed.

*Sigh

I leave a job that I have invested in nearly 5 years of my life. It is a bittersweet separation, and not wholly unexpected either. I had suspicions feelings about my supervisor's... erm... attitude (if that's the right word) toward me. We never saw 100% eye to eye, but that has never been a problem in the past. I admit, I am a bit strong-willed, daresay even bull-headed at times. But my age and experiences in life have taught me co-operation. They have also taught me "ownership." Ownership of one's own actions. And more than just to admit to doing (or not doing) something.

True ownership is admitting to what deeds have been done, and accepting with as much grace and humility as one can muster the consequences of those deeds. I have vented my rage at the situation. I'll not talk bad of those involved, no matter how depressed their deeds have made me feel.

The most heart-wrenching aspect of this is that DrthGeek Jr. 1 is old enough to understand the implications. And he is beside himself with worry. No matter what I do to try to convince him that we will be fine. I cannot lie to him when he asks if I have to go to work tomorrow. But I'm not going to sugarcoat (too much) aspects of life he will one day face. My only hope is to show him how to face those challenges. With boldness. With courage. Without hesitation.

My job has always been to take care of my family. That has not changed. We're a family. We will weather this. Together.

So. I will boldly go where I hope to never go again. Times are uncertain, but I never got a guarantee that there would be certainty. My outlet is my theatre, my creativity, my art. But my strength has been, and always will be, my family.

Thanks, dear readers, dear friends. You are as a part of my family as those I live with. Your support adds to my strength.

I promise a festive adventure for next time! Until then... stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment